Sunday, October 7, 2007

Reinvent-tage Retreat Day 7

Today's Intention...be creatively alone today...with gentle bubbles of your imagination...


I will only make one post on Sunday's as this is my quiet day, my Sabbath...I must find time to be creatively alone every day...I find it as I walk my beautiful beach...I find it near my courtyard fountain each morning...most of you know I try to lead a contemplative life...and alone time is a vital part of that...peace be with you today...


Michelle at Inspired home here speaks of "Sweet Escape-Participation Required"...it was a lovely post that goes so well with mine today...we had both seen "The Call of Solitude" at Psychology Today here...and we were both struck by the same words...

Life's creative solutions require alonetime. Solitude is required for the unconscious to process and unravel problems. Others inspire us, information feeds us, practice improves our performance, but we need quiet time to figure things out, to emerge with new discoveries, to unearth original answers. Letting myself slide into reverie has proven extremely productive when I'm stuck with a problem. When one of my patients presents a dilemma, focusing head-on isn't what typically resolves it.

The natural creativity in all of us—the sudden and slow insights, bursts and gentle bubbles of imagination—is found as a result of alonetime. Passion evolves in aloneness. Both creativity and curiosity are bred through contemplation.

We all know about the lone, creative artist. Solitude is an important route to creativity...
I will leave you with this question: How can you measure the value of alone time to your creative work life?


See post here for your invitation to join the Reinvent-tage Retreat...and to see how the process works...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

to work on an art project, finishing it or starting a new i need to be alone for sure. it's the perfect therapy to ease my mind and having a peaceful time.
alone... that's for sure and i realy do not mind it at all!
your beach view is just stunning!!

Becky Bunn said...

Oh I wish I had that ocean view to inspire me. I have to have my alone time. I do alone very well.

Nunnie's Attic said...

This is a very popular subject. Solitude. Quite a few blogs are sharing your feelings. I have to say, while I love get togethers and family time, I do revel in my "me" time.

Love,
Julie

qualcosa di bello said...

rebecca...i'm catching up a bit! first, i am loving the accountability, if you will, that your retreat is giving me with respect to my own daily creativity this month! i have made a commitment to follow your journey & to write creatively everyday of this retreat. yesterday, i had to forgo the creative writing for creative cooking...last minute needs & it was fun to see it as a creative adventure!!

today is my sabbath too & i also agree with the alone time needs for the creative spirit to flourish...sundays tend to be the easiest day for me to carve a piece of that time too.

have a blessed day!!

ps. our bay is chadwick bay...your beach is so very pretty too!!!

gma said...

Solitude,a gift of time for yourself. Enjoy yours. Unfortunately I have a house full...but can take a nice walk with myself...
Thank you
xx

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing my post and adding your thoughts on this!

Melissa
The Inspired Room

kari and kijsa said...

"gentle bubbles of imagination"....Love that picture (although when we get together it's more like a waterfall)! LOL!!

Have a blessed Sabbath,

smiles, kari and kijsa

Anonymous said...

Your beach is so pretty. Hope you had your alone time today!
I have to have alone time and I need time with people too. But in order to create, it is imperative to be alone. I like being alone.