Friday, October 12, 2007

Reinvent-tage Day 12 - Part 2

Today's Intention...Forgive Myself...

After a little break in art making yesterday, I was back in the studio at 8 AM this morning... with no pre-conceived notions...and open to possibilities as they present themselves...this work appeared...








I started with a polished Venetian plaster background in a dusty blue shade...I taped the perimeter of the area I wanted to paint...I wanted a border of the Venetian plaster to show around the painting...

I stenciled a design with white acrylic first...









Take a peek at the white floral scroll pattern on the blue...it could be finished at this point...

I stenciled again with yellow, red and finally with copper...











I painted a interference red around the edges...and began to develop the oval shape... The oval become a face...

I washed a burnt sienna over the entire surface to unify it...The finished piece below...

tears of a clown

A close-up view...

4 comments:

Doe Grozs Art said...

Today I kept my intention to paint. I redid an old canvas and it's interesting what surfaced.
Forgiveness.
Funny too is that the colors I used are the same you did. I'll have to post it later... I did blog the experience though.
Thanks for the inspiration.
Doreen

Anonymous said...

i love stencils. tools to create wonderful creations of all art work. very inspiring, rebecca!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the technique - and the cool result!

qualcosa di bello said...

i love the color contrasts of this piece. the blue is sad & yet soothing...the red hair says it could get better, livelier...after some sadness.