Friday, September 14, 2007

Life's Fleeting Moments

My Sacred Life day 7...

"Flutterby" - Acrylic on heavy paper...an expression of my unbridled joy this morning


The sage Flutteyby is elusive and free...she comes only when we need deep comfort...and today is such a day... Life is just as fleeting as a my Flutterby butterfly...and I was smacked up the side of the head by that truth yesterday morning...

After posting and visiting my favorite blogs yesterday, I headed into Jacksonville for a hair appointment...on the way my car, and consequently me, was rear-ended by someone on a cell phone and smoking...not sure how he was driving?!?!?...so I spent a good portion of the day in the emergency room...after cat scans and x-rays and much prodding and probing...I was released...sore and highly drugged...with a sprained neck, a pinched nerve, and a tension headache...

This was a terrifying moment in time for me...as you might know, I had a broken neck in my 20's...at that time, my doctor told me if I was ever hit from behind in a car, I "could bend over and kiss my butt goodbye."...so this scenario is one of my top fears and also why I hate car travel...

When speaking to my daughter last night...I was expressing my joy that I am still here...because I always thought I would not be if this happened...To face a fear, even without directly choosing to do so, is a freeing experience...I am no longer bound to this fear as a dark part of my psyche...a shadow that has followed me for some 30 years...

As I turn from this darkness into the light of my life...I feel as though I had an epiphany...a light bulb moment, if you will...I have a new lightness of being...I have finally put that life-stealing fear to rest...and I am walking in light...So what a blessing...I have much to be thankful for...

"Desert Morn" - Acrylic on heavy paper...an expression of my unbridled joy this morning

Even though this morning I am sore and drowsy...I hate pain-killer hangovers...I am alive and filled with joy...

Kindren spirit and fellow spiritual director Christine of Abbey of the Arts is holding a poetry challenge here. This is my attempt at this form:

French Pantoum by Cre8Tiva

come lie in my arms for a while
on this glorious sun-filled day
as we dream of nothing and everything
from now till the month of may

on this glorious sun-filled day
we can ride the clouds to the moon
from now till the month of may
or perhaps to the last of june

we can ride the clouds to the moon
as we dream of nothing and everything
or perhaps to the last of june
come lie in my arms for a while


"Circle of Life" - Acrylic and eavy molding paste on heavy paper board...an expression of my unbridled joy this morning

Today's aMUSEment - Visit Abbey of the Arts here. Try your hand at a French Pantoum...
U Be Creative Today!

The above artwork is for may class next week...

14 comments:

Darla said...

Goosebumps! I am SO grateful that you are ok. Your art this morning celebrates that fact.

Take care of yourself and don't overdo these first few days tho.
(Can't help myself, career in health care makes me caution people).

Darla

blessings said...

Oh, you have been blessed!! Isn't is somthing when you have to face what has caused you fear for so long?! Indeed, it's freeing. A blessing to be alive and a blessing to be past that fear! Praise God for your wonderful new view of life. Blessings... Polly

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness you're o.k.! I wish people would at least have a head thinging on while talking and driving or better yet pull over. Dont' over do it - take care of yourself.

Manuela

Zorana said...

What a horrible experience! And what a wonderful change in your way of thinking! I'm glad that you'll be fine and understand the 'walking in light' feel after a frightening situation. Lovely, bright art!

Anonymous said...

How scary dear Cre8tive!

Great poem.
Christina has a lovely site.

Parisbreakfasts said...

These are lush and beautiful!
BRAVO!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you are ok. I totally understand having a fear for car travel. That is why I am putting off learning to drive.
Plus the money part....
Situations seem to come into our lives that seem to make it harder but people like us will always have hope for tommorrow to hold onto. Life itself is a blessing. :)
*HUGS*

Olivia said...

Rebecca,

I'm so glad that you're ok, too. Yes, do rest up and take good care. Life is so fragile!

Blessings, Olivia

PixieDust said...

Oh, my! Sending you good thoughts and karma...

This is my first time stopping by, your artwork is overwhelming! I'm loving all the colors!

:-)

Gill said...

Oh wow. So glad you are fine. Yikers. Scary stuff.
xo
Blue

Anonymous said...

J'aime beaucoup la création qui s'appelle "circle of life"... C'est comme le soleil...

Rick Hamrick said...

Wow! What a way to release that 30-year-old anchor and let it sink to the bottom of the sea.

It's wonderful to hear that you are already, even in the early stages of recovery from the physical trauma, aware of the great gift this accident is proving to be for you.

Journey on, powerful lady!

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

OMG how scary indeed...I so agree with Darla not to over do anything. What a fright that must have been for you.....the fates were not about to allow you anything but to be ok!Thankfully!!
XOXO

paris parfait said...

Oh my goodness! No wonderful you're in bed (your post after this one, which I read first). So glad to hear you weren't injured more seriously. Yes, something like that is a definite wake-up call - so frightening, but at the same time, freeing when you live to tell. xo