Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Bend with the Wind...

I took it a little easier yesterday...just did a few boxes...arranged a few books...finished the proof of the catalog I design each quarter...went to the beach...

Here are the amazing sea oats that protect the dunes from erosion...they are standing proud like sentinels at their post...against the early evening sky...how strong and free they are...bending with the wind, but firmly planted in the sand...

I am beginning to see some progress and have sheets on the bed...things are looking up...I had a long talk with myself about expectations...sometimes getting the kitchen counter cleared and the dishwasher loaded is good enough...

I am determined to be gentle with myself from this moment...I can set small, achievable goals each day...I can unpack one box day...arrange one shelf or cabinet or complete one section of clothing...it does not have to be done this week...or even this month...my health and sanity are more important than perfect order...

So there you have it...I am free of unrealistic goals for the time being...I am freely blowing in the wind but firmly planted in the sand...


Today's aMUSEment - Do you have unrealistic goals or expectations?
U Be Creative today!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

such beautiful pictures from your sea side. i can hear the wind coming over the dunes. so relaxing. oh i do have some unrealistic dreams, but i also do know that they are unrealistic... well, for the moment;) i love dreaming and i think i'll always will. i'm still learning to bend with the wind. great post and perfect images to go with it, rebecca!! bend...some day i'll do!

Darla said...

Sounds like you have a good plan and how well you tied it in with the wonderful photo's.

Occasionally I've been a dreamer but lately the practical tasks of daily living take up my energy. If anything I've been a bit of an "escaper", sticking my nose in a book when I have free time.

Darla

Anonymous said...

You deserve to take it easy. Just think of all you just accomplished!
What a beautiful place you have to call your home. Just looking at it relaxes me!

Are you serious about headdresses instructions?

Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Ohhh what wonderful photo's! Thank you for sharing these! Thank you for the inspiration. :)
*HUGS*

Swirly said...

Expectations are tricky things. On the one hand they can be good motivators to achieve goals we set for ourselves, on the other hand they can sometimes set us up for disappointment. I think the trick is to make sure we don't become so attached to our expectations that anything at all different immediately feels like a letdown. Good luck nesting!