Monday, December 3, 2007

Where has Sir Chancelot Been???

where has this puppy been??...

So here I sit in beautiful Fernandina Beach, Florida beginning the week as usual...blogging...but can you guess what Chance and I were up to this weekend?!?!

here is a hint...

and another...
and yet another...behind this door lies a profusion of creative delights...every corner and surface is loaded with eye candy for the creative soul...
who is this beautiful creative spirit...is it Jane the proprietress/idea generator...
awhhhh......you guessed it....Random Arts in Saluda, North Carolina...the ultimate emporium of creative mindfulness...
Chance and Cre8Tiva could wait no longer...we made a quick trip to Atlanta to see lovely daughter's engagement ring...Friday I had the joyful Mother experience of seeing my lovely daughter try on bridal gowns...it was a very emotional time for me...as you always imagine your baby daughter getting married some day...and suddenly, the process begins...and you feel it was just yesterday that she was born...taking dance lessons...learning to play the flute...going on first date...graduating college...sigh........... and I choose not to share photos of her just yet...for security reasons (snooping groom to be)...but she looked like an angel...

We then took a side trip to Greenville, South Carolina for business reasons...and wandered up into the mountains of North Carolina to visit this remarkable little shop of creativity...if you are ever near Greenville, SC or Ashville, NC -DO NOT MISS THIS SHOP!!! it is about 40-45 minutes from either...and it is worth a drive...there are so many samples and little trinkets...Jane has an eye for detail and a way with display...a remarkable treasure trove for everyone...and Saluda is like taking a step back into another time...this beautiful, well-kept town is packed with art, great food, and genuinely good people...and spectacular mountain views...

We loaded up on ribbons...holey paper...some copper mesh that I had never seen before...that really gave me ideas...now do I need more ideas???...a few charms...and a random Milagro arm...before returning home yesterday...tired puppy...tired and inspired Cre8Tiva...

So you ask where's my print... here is the Rebecca special edition prints...matted, signed and numbered...ready to mail to the winners...please enjoy them....



22 comments:

Sherry said...

What joy you have been experiencing..bittersweet yes as you recall all those memories of your baby as she has grown into such a lovely woman. Travelling together, shopping for wedding lovelies, creative lovlies..sounds divine!!

Looking forward to receiving my beautiful piece of your creative art!!! :)

Darla said...

What a wonderful shop. Thanks for posting the pictures. A long time online friend of mine lives outside Saluda and has mentioned the shop from time to time but she hasn't posted photo's.

I'll bet you had a lovely time with your daughter.

Darla

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

Everything sounds joyful and super di duper!!!
I am glad to hear your news!

ShabbyInTheCity said...

I will thanks!!!
I hope your daughter will be as pretty as Chance when she is all gowned up...
That shop sounds like a great place...was there any chocolate???

somepinkflowers said...

oh,
i am envious!

:-)

i love north carolina
this time of year.
the air always smells so good!

your adventure looks like great fun
but seeing your baby
pick out a wedding dress
must have been amazing!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful angel...your dog looks like my CeCe but she is black and white rescue from V.I. my blog not working??..I love your shop I will be right down!! I was in the middle of Xmas creative flow before tragedy with CeCe ..any suggestions?
LOL Denise xxoo

NeereAnDear said...

Hey my friend... I love your dog... reminds me of my Pepper...

Now I have PJ and she is a joy also..

Looks like you made out with some fabulous treasures...I hope you show us some pics of your creative endeavors

That print is beautiful!!

HUGS

JO

NeereAnDear said...

I meant to ask... what type of dog is Sir Chancealot?

HUGS

JO

Jeanette Janson said...

I know this shop! Last time I was in Ashville we stopped by on our way home. Can you believe it was a Monday and it was closed! It was very painful for me. Glad you had a good trip.
Jeanette

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Hi Rebecca,
That is about 20 minutes from my house! I have been there a few times. I live in Hendersonville. Which is halfway between Greenville, SC and Asheville NC...I can't believe you were that close to me :-)
Penny

Naturegirl said...

Rebecca what a wonderful special time spent with your daughter! I do remember when I did just that ..shop with my daughter for her wedding dress...after trying on so many I knew when I saw ~THE DRESS~~
Oh my can't wait to recieve my treasure from you!!
Thank you once again!! hugs and lots of Joy to pass along aNNa xo

Nunnie's Attic said...

Well I can't imagine you having any fun in that store at all! LOL!! That would be like me in a kitchen supply store. HA!

Enjoy the bridal experience with your daughter. I loved planning my wedding, but I'm glad it's over with!

Love,
Julie

NeereAnDear said...

Morning.... even though you have already gotten this... I have something for you on my blog

HUGS

JO

Nunnie's Attic said...

LOL!!! I got your comment and I had to tell you something, even though you'll probably disown me after hearing it. Normally, I hate Pitt. Can't stand them!! We're Penn State fans in this family. So I like to see Pitt lose to everyone!! Except WVU. Don't hate me!!

Love,
Julie

turquoise cro said...

What irony! I have to comment below someone dissing WVU! and we are BIG, BIG fans of guess who???!!! WVU!!!! O well, I wish I could go to that store YOU went to!!! It LOOKS like FUN!!! and Congratulations! to your daughter! I have a wedding coming up in May!!! My oldest son!

FrenchGardenHouse said...

What a delightful time! I know you will lock all those "wedding" memories in your heart, so that you can take them out one by one later. Congratulations!!

Hugs,
Lidy

Anonymous said...

Hi Thank you for inquiring about CeCe,she is on the mend,but she has panic attacks now when she sees big dogs! PTSD..poor thing! She is a rescue from V.I. and was abused when I adopted her.LOL Denise and CeCe

Mary Timme said...

Wow! Isn't it a big moment, indeed!

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Oh, my, I can't imagine the day I will see my daughter in a wedding gown. I know the day will come in a blink of an eye. An eye that is getting teary at the thought!

Those are some lucky winners, to receive such beautiful prints.

xo

Annie Jeffries said...

Oh Yea! I'm so excited. She is just beautiful.

Lynette said...

That does look like a great shop to visit.

Tinker said...

What a tug at the heartstrings - though they grow up on the outside, I think the heart always remembers them as our little ones still. Such a sweet mother/daughter time you must have had. Chance is adorable btw :)