Thursday, November 19, 2009

tears thru an e-mail...

it was a foggy gray morning at my beloved ocean...you could barely see the surf...but i could hear it as i walked in silence this morning...


why do i say tears?
i listened to a teleseminar tuesday evening by a young man no older than my youngest sons... he touched my soul and gave me some very useful information to use in my mentoring program...he also offered his $2000 program for a free 30 trial.

he made a comment about his offer on facebook and i responded that "this is a fab offer and program...someday for me..." because i wanted my friends to see the offer...

someone came back with a respoonse..."Rebecca WHAT????!!!! I must only assume you're not a coach. If you are what are you saying "Someday". It's completely free. There's no risk. If it doesn't work, return it. Period."

to which i responded with my heart..."it's an ethical struggle... would not be true to my spirit by taking something i would not be able to pay for...just because i can... but i believe in the program so strongly that i wanted to share it with my friends...my time will come..."

the young man responded..."If you can't afford it right now, then you really need it right now. You can get clients from using it and then use the new client income to pay for it."

he really has faith in his program and i almost relented and ordered it...i decided to sleep on it...then this morning the young man sent out a e-mail entitled...

"I can't afford it" (how to win the client anyway)...

guess who he used as an example? with a transcript of our exchange...i really tried to look at it from his point of view but the tears would not stop flooding down my cheeks...gray-sunless is where my spirit has gone...then a dear, dear friend wrote this to me:
There is no way you can explain your path to someone who isn't on the same path as you are.
and therein lies the truth...

a nature vignette from this morning's walk...just as i found it...a feather and a heart shell



2 comments:

Angie in AZ said...

What wise words your friend shared. I am very much in your shoes and do understand. My response in this situation would have been very much like yours, if not identical. Thank you for always sharing so honestly.

rochambeau said...

Your morning vignette is truly beautiful Rebecca!! I'm sorry for your exchange with this young man!!

xox
Constance