Monday, January 26, 2009

new hope...two buttons...eat, pray and love...

reminiscing about a tour of New Jersey and Bucks County, PA along the Delaware River...my ultimate goal was to get to the little shop called Two Buttons in Frenchtown... hidden behind warning signs to stay out and no trespassing...is this little gem...it does not look like much on the outside, but...


inside is jam packed with wonders from around the world...


where will these feet lead me?

through rows of trinkets and delights...

and statues and furniture and oddities...

my newest rock from two buttons...actually a petrified tree turned rock...
what shall i put in the opening?

Two Buttons is a wonderful import gallery owned by Filipe of Elizabeth Gilbert's Eat Pray Love fame... Okay...he is not really Filipe, but Jose, Liz's Brazilian boyfriend turned husband...Jose was there manning the shop, so charming and full of details about the works of art and their travels to find them...no wonder she fell in love with him...

Book Review: Eat Pray Love,#1 on the NYT Paperback Nonfiction list, is romantic fiction about a woman who, after a bad divorce, went in search of herself and her spirituality. She does this by eating her way through Italy, praying and meditating through India, and loving through Bali.

Below is what I came home with...I was limited by what would fit in my suitcase or a life size gator would have followed me home...see products on the Two Buttons website for more...

all my goodies, including the beads from the front of the book that Jose graciously gifted me with

the puppet with painted head and beautifully carved hands and feet


We went from Frenchtown to lunch in charming Lambertville, NJ, then across the river to artsy New Hope, PA...I would move there tomorrow...
Today's aMUSEment - do you have a good friend who deserves a call or letter from you? Take a few minutes today to do that...
U Be Creative Today!

No comments: