Sunday, January 11, 2009

perigee moon...sabbath songs...

the perigee moon...astronomers call the point of closest approach "perigee," and that is where the moon will be this weekend...perigee full moons come along once or twice a year...2008 ended with one and now 2009 is beginning with another...it's déjà vu for people who love the magic of a moonlit landscape...for me it was a spiritual experience to be on the beach looking at this massive moon...

my perigee moon, 1/10/2009 Fernandina Beach, FL 6:39 PM

My dear friend Carla Schushman, a super decorative and fine artist, has started a blog...ArtSong...stop by and say hello...yesterday's post had this quote by Charles Swindoll from "Active Spirituality" ...boy did this hit the mark for me...
When things are adverse, life gets simple; survival becomes our primary goal. Adversity is a test on our resiliency, our creativity. Up against it, we reach down deep into our inner character and we “gut it out”. We hold up through the crisis by tapping into our reservoir on inner strength.
entering 2009 knowing that I have been trying to fix something i had no ability to fix or chance of fixing...i begin the process of reengineering my life...and i will let God fix what i cannot...and deal with grace and humility what ever happens...

my perigee moon, 1/10/2009 Fernandina Beach, FL 7:01 PM

a peaceful life begins with a peaceful mind...and my mind has been anything but peaceful for too long...a life crisis is the crossroads to letting go of the past...letting the old die and believing that there is something much better to come is my challenge every day...

my perigee moon, 1/10/2009 Fernandina Beach, FL 7:14 PM

i am reaching deep within to find the balance and the meaning of this test...from every crisis is a life lesson...something to learn...something to grow your spirit...finding something within the experience that is bigger than the experience is the goal...

my perigee moon, 1/10/2009 Fernandina Beach, FL7:15 PM

my prayer for 2009...
Dear God...if you decide that I am no longer to be here, then there must be a better place for me...if you decide that I am no longer to do this work, then there must be better work for me to do...your will, not mine...Amen
my perigee moon, 1/10/2009 Fernandina Beach, FL 7:19 PM


i am packing this weekend with the help of my son matthew and his girlfriend carrie...they have been taking very good care of me for the past several months now,,,i am blessed to have them so close...

4 comments:

Peggy Parker said...

Beautiful photos, Rebecca, and such honesty and vulnerability. Thank you! I really appreciate that you visit my blog, and have posted an entry about the arts festival! Peggy

Unknown said...

Beautiful shots of this magical moon! and wonderful sentiments as well.

x..x

Unknown said...

Beautiful shots of this magical moon! and wonderful sentiments as well.

x..x

qualcosa di bello said...

i am so lovin' your moon shots...& your inspirational words shared