Friday, January 11, 2008

Fear Less...Hope More

Fear less, hope more;
Eat less, chew more;
Whine less, breathe more;
Talk less, say more;
Love more, and all good things will be yours

Albert Einstein



photo from http://thebuckstopshere.blogspot.com/

This is the fear less, hope more week for me alright...my happy cow laptop took a turn for the worse last weekend...and i realized that i am overly attached to this piece of metal...i was actually annoyed to have to use my beautiful, expensive Mac and be chained to a desk...so after many hours with my new bff, Norton...the laptop seems to be feeling better...i hope...


On Tuesday, for some reason i believed was right at the time...i had both of my dogs operated on...Sir Chancelot lost his manhood ( i am still crying over this one)...and Miss Maggie Mae had a tooth removed...Miss Mags has behaved herself and stayed quiet...but Chance, the Parson Jack Russel he is, does not want to rest quietly until he heals...still i hope...

Wednesday i got a new do...very short for me...but me thinks i like it...i hope...

I should have been forewarned...
photo from http://foxdendesigns.com/FOXDEN-WhatsNew.htm

but yesterday, I had my first job interview in over 15 years...yes my 'circumstances' (a genteel way of saying i am afraid of being a bag lady and my art has not made me the next van gogh...) have led me to the workplace...the interview was in a coffee shop...with this young entrepreneur...

TEE HEE...photo from http://foxdendesigns.com/FOXDEN-WhatsNew.htm

a 28 year-old (mind you my baby is 28)...in the midst of me trying to convince this young gentleman that i could work circles around the other 20-somethings he was interviewing because: 1) i am an award winning graphic designer; 2) i have designed for some of the world's biggest companies; 3) i have done graphic design for some 30 years now; 4) i will do the grunt work that 85% of graphic design is with a smile because i already know this; 5) he needs a mentor who has been where he is...yadda yadda yadda...i caught a case of giggles...about this whole situation...me, who has been so successful but for the $100,000 mistake/life lesson moving to Georgia in 2006 and back to Florida in 2007 created...me, who is actually employed by artists to help them start and grow their business...me, sitting across the tiny bistro table trying not to mother this man or mentor him or call him kiddo as a so would do in any other situation...if you read this future boss, i forgot to tell you i have a wicked sense of humor...the humor of it all struck me...now i am very thankful that i was able to find any graphic design job to apply for on this tiny island...actually there are 4 printers in my county who i also dropped resumes off to for any overflow work...hope i must...

Which brings me to the last best newses...my art has been accepted in another gallery in west palm beach...yippee...except i need to find time to paint some pieces...i have been asked to give a business seminar at an industry event and perhaps, be a speaker...i have been accepted to teach at The Creative Palette convention...and i have a design for my exhibit panel for Salon 2008 (the meeting of world class decorative painters)....

Fly Forth O Gentle Dove

On January 1st, i set my Guardian Angel(s) on a task to bring job opportunities to me...so far it looks like they are working, doesn't it...now you may think this odd, asking your Guardian Angel for things like this...but most Guardian Angels are underused and bored...they can do anything except interfere with your appointed time of death...of course they are protecting us from harm...but they can do so many other things for us...if we only ask...my most frequent request is asking for a parking place...this has worked so often that others who have seen this happen for me, now believe...my second is asking for them to speak with the Guardian Angel of people who are offensive while driving or cutting in line...i can't tell you the number of times these people have stopped behaving badly after i asked...so i recommend that you give your GA something to do...let them spread their wings...hope on....

20 comments:

J C said...

I am cracking up at that signage about unattended children. LOL what a hoot. That would sure have made me grab my kids in a hurry!! Your new do is really nice!

Anonymous said...

My you are a busy bee. Your new hair do is lovely :) LOL re the sign, that is so funny! Have a lovely weekend! Jenn and Jacqui

rochambeau said...

like your new "do" Rebecca!
You know, it seems like when a person cuts their hair, it is a sign that they are ready to embrace changes in life.
Three Cheers for all the changes that you are embracing!

xox
Constance

gma said...

Why not ask your Guardian Angels for favors? Hope you find the exact work you are looking for.

Anonymous said...

Hi Rebecca, I like the new do! That sign is so funny! I know how you must have felt in that interview because I had a similar experience when I was trying to go back to work after being home for a few years with my DD...only mine was a 20 something woman. Good luck - I'm sure it will all work out for you.

I never thought to ask my Guardian Angel for anything really. I'm going to give it a try - can't hurt!

Manuela

Naturegirl said...

Rebecca Love the do!!Whoo Hoo!
Another shout in order for the exciting news of having your art displayed in yet another gallery and your accepted teaching position!! Whoo HOO!!
Lots of posatives happening in your life!!

Awww...poor doggies..sending love pats in hopes of their speedy recovery and speaking of recovery...I hope that your
fractured foot is healing nicely!
Oh how stylish you must have looked at the interview with *mr. Junior with your foot sporting *that boot!LOL
Rebecca I feel blessed in having my
~special guardian angel.~
Thank you once again.. I just LoVe her!!hugs NG

NeereAnDear said...

Love love love the new do... I get such a kick out of reading your blog... and your art is fantastic... I was just down in FL... Cedar Key .... well that was a side trip to the business I had to take care of..

I am going to talk to my Guardian Angel a bit more... I know she is here next to me.... she got me home safely


HUGS

JO

xxxxx said...

You've surely had an eventful week! First of all, I hope both your dogs are recuperating very well. Second, the new hair cut suits you :-) And last, I wish you all the best with your job search. I have no doubt that you are being guided, as we speak, to the most appropriate path for you now.

susanna said...

Hey! Good things are a'happening for you! Hooray about your artwork and the galleries and exhibitions. That's wonderful news. And good luck with the job hunt(although you certainly don't need it, talented lady as you are). Who knows who you will meet at your new workplace - a best friend, a love, new opportunities...

And that sign had me laughing out loud. That's a good one!

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

Loved the word picture you painted with this experience of your job interview!
Best of luck as you continue your search~
Cathy

paris parfait said...

Wonderful new haircut! So glad to see so many opportunities coming your way - and hoping for many, many more! xoxox

Anonymous said...

Great news for the new year! I am sure your Gardian Angel is taking good care of you!

ShabbyInTheCity said...

I see we have two things in common! I cut my hair off too...(yours looks great!) And our choice of clothing...come see!

Anonymous said...

wow a new look for you as well?!!
and all these challenges coming your way in 2008. sounds promising! did you asked your gentle dove for all that exciting adventures?
i'd better talk to her seriously then! she is still standing here on my office desk!

http://afancifultwist.typepad.com said...

I loooooove you new do!!! It is so cute and you have such wonderul thick hair! Lovely!! x's and o's Miss Cre8tiva!!

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

I LOVE your new hairdo!!!
Angels!!! yes!!!

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Donna Layton said...

How exciting!! It sounds like this is going to be a great year for you. I love your short hair!

Donna Layton said...

Oh yeah....I LOVE that sign. Hilarious!

Antonella said...

I followed Nature Girl's post to your site. I have to say I love your guardian angel. Hugs, antonella :-)

www.quilling.blogspot.com