Friday, May 4, 2007

Sage

Sage is a Muse of great patience, profound wisdom and calm judgment. She remains calm in the midst of chaos. (The painting shows her calmly existing in the midst of all my chaotic energy.) We turn to her for her wise, judicious, or prudent advice. She is our mentor in spiritual and philosophical topics who is renowned for having wisdom that comes with age and experience.

I need a profoundly wise person today who can calm my anxiety with her clear thinking and philosophical perspective. I am waiting to hear about a job. I am very anxious because this will determine the direction I take professionally in the next year and, perhaps, the rest of my life. So it is difficult for me to stay balanced when a situation is out of my hands. Her advice shows me the upside and the downside of every outcome and how I can deal with either decision.

Today's aMUSEment - Do you have a Sage in your life? Who do you turn to when you need calming reassurance or advice? Close your eyes and think about that person who is always there with sound judgement and wise words. Spend a moment in gratitude that they are in your life. Write a thanksgiving letter to them. Write, in your own hand and from your own heart, what they mean to you. Put it in the mail. Spend the day in gratitude.
"In the Hundred Acre Wood and elsewhere, those who know how to write a proper letter are much respected and in great demand." -- Pooh's Little Etiquette Book

U Be Creative Today!

No comments: