Friday, April 22, 2011

VLVS Design Team Artwork

vintage art with VLV stamp and old magazine ad


VLVS stamp 12509

This is my second design for Viva Las VegaStamps Design Team. When I first saw this stamp, I had about 10 caption ideas. I love working with VLVS stamps because they have the same sense of humor as I do and loads of vintage images.

The above artwork is just one of those many ideas.
Here's the backstory: The wife is getting ready for her first party after her marriage. She is in her brand new kitchen, but doesn't have a clue how to cook!!! She has burnt everything and her new husband walks in...all she could think was, "Honest, I didn't burn the beer!!!"

This is a digital collage. I love digital collage because I can use the artwork as a card, party invitation or even a work of art. I scanned the stamped image, colorized it and created the collage in PhotoShop. Here she is colorized:
For a step-by-step tutorial with photos visit my blog: Cre8Tive Compass Magazine.

Please visit Viva Las Vegastamps! and see the thousands of designs available. Also visit the other VLV Design Team members and tell them I sent you!

Terri Sproul, Team leader: Terri's blog
Chris Hurley: Chris' blog
Kim Prince; Kim's blog
Cheryl Lindsay: Cheryl's blog
DeeDee Catron: DeeDee's blog
Jennifer Bliss: Jen's blogYou can also find our work on Stamp Art Forum.

You can find more of my work at: