click to download
I have designed a great printable for YOU!!! It is one of my Mason Jar Gift Sets. And I give you a step-by-step tutorial with photos for making Irish Soda Bread. Plus a little video to cheer you!!! Happy St. Paddy's Day!!!
You just layer the dry ingredients in a Mason Jar...print out the printable Gift Set...cut out the recipe and punch out the 2"tag...decorate your jar lid and you're all set. It is a great hostess gift for your St. Paddy's Day party throwers.
Just click the recipe card and tag printable to the left and that will start the download. Once it is downloaded to your computer, open it and print it on cardstock. Cut out the recipe and combine the dry ingredients in a Mason jar. Try to make nice layers.
HINT: Place the flour mixture on the bottom. If you place it or even part of it on top of raisins, the flour will seep down into them and cover them. See the video above and you will understand!!!
Cove the jar lid with a cute green print fabric. I used a leather showlace to tie it on. Punch out the round tag with a 2" punch. I designed the tags with a little play in case you get a little off center. Punch a hole in the top of the tag and hang it from the shoelace. You could also glue it to the front of the jar as in the picture above.
So let's make Irish Soda Bread
This is a quick and easy recipe. This is a great recipe to try for your first attempt at breadmaking...as it is almost foolproof!! The traditional recipe calls for raisins, but I often substitute semi-sweet chocolate shavings, craisins and a new fave is pomegranate craisins. So feel free to experiment.
- Combine dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Cut in butter until it is thoroughly mixed with dry ingredients.
- Spread mixture out on floured surface.
- Make a well in center of the mixture.
- Wisk egg and buttermilk together. Pour into the well in center of dry mixture.
- Mix with your hands. It s sticky.
- Knead for 1 minute adding small amounts of flour to make it less sticky.
- Shape into a nice round loaf.
- Place on greased baking sheet. Score the top with a cross shape with knife.
- Bake and enjoy!!!