Monday, October 22, 2007

Reninvent-tage Retreat Day 22

Today's Intention...crowd in experiments...


Now I am going to crowd my days with experiments of art...counting today, I only have 10 more days until the gallery opening...and 10 more days of this retreat...

‘The real measure of success is the number of experiments that can be crowded into 24 hours.’ —Thomas Alva Edison

Last week we looked at Vincent van Gogh...and experimented...this week I look at Leonardo da Vinci...one of the people I would most like to invite to dinner...and most like to be emulate...for my children often call me a Renaissance woman...

A true Renaissance man... the idea of a whole and complete person would be a fitting description of da Vinci...he always thought outside of the box and many of his ideas have been an inspiration for some modern technology...his genius lives on in his ideas and work.

He was one of the greatest painters of the Italian Renaissance...but he was much more...one of the greatest inventors and thinkers of his time...he was a gifted architect, musician, scientist, and mathematician...the inventor of genius...a student of life...and voracious experimenter...

The Mona Lisa and his legendary interpretation of the Last Supper are his most famous paintings...and no, i will not attempt one this week...but I am going to incorporate some of his images...


See post here for your invitation to join the Reinvent-tage Retreat...and to see how the process works...

4 comments:

Darla said...

You picked my favorite artist. I've visited the church with the Last Supper. I was in Milan in the 80's when the museums had a 500 yr. anniversary of his work. Pieces borrowed from everywhere so they could be shown together.

A memory I treasure.

Darla

Anonymous said...

Your kids are right!

flyinamber said...

I really admire Leonardo-he was a genius ..my daughter who is studying graphics design has just a reproduction of this portrait in red chalk in her room..

paris parfait said...

Yes I love da Vinci's work. We visited his last home in Amboise, France and saw his studio. And IBM has recreated models of many of his designs. He was a genius, in my opinion - way ahead of his time.