Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Reinvent-tage Day 9 - Part 2

Today's Intention...I will open to divine guidance...

When I am open to divine guidance, I get into the state many call flow...that golden place where time and space disappear and everything seems to pour out of you...it brings my best forth... from that very wise higher or deeper self...

Divine has different meanings to different people. For me, divine means God, for others it can mean Creator, Jehovah, Allah, supreme consciousness or the universe. For others, the divine may mean forefathers or ancestors, or nature. Still others believe that we have a guiding spirit to help us along the way. Some people believe in all of these.

How we define divine is not important for me...what is important is that we be open to this divine presence and consciously invite this powerful guidance into our every day lives....

How do I invite divine guidance? Each morning when I arise I begin my hour of power...my own prayer and meditation time. I state my intention asking the divine for guidance in making choices that are best for all throughout the day. I also welcome wisdom and guidance from my angels, deceased relatives and friends. Next, I reaffirm my commitment to do what’s best for all in my life today. By adding, “only if this is best for all,” I allow the divine to help me...without doing any harm to any one or any thing...

Any time during the day when I need to make a significant decision, or I just want to calm or center myself, I stop for a moment, breathe, and open myself for divine guidance...

Today I made a very personal collage...of my handsome father...I included his fishing license, hand-made flies, fishing line...it also includes his signature...this is a photo of him about the time my parents were married.. it will make a print for Christmas gifts this year... oops...I may be ruining the surprise...

Fishin'

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sure looks divine.....

What a good way to start your day. Bless you.

Anonymous said...

lovely collage of your dad rebecca! rememberance!
devine?? take a look at my post of today... it can't be more devine!

Nunnie's Attic said...

How sweet of you to make a collage of your father. Inspiration comes in many forms. Glad you are able to recognize it.

Love,
Julie

Anonymous said...

Love the collage.. And your words... I should make time for me in the morning, after my 1 hour walk... I find myself going straight to work on the computer.. I need more meditation time indeed... During my walk, I am so intense, that I think I need time after that...

You are on an amazing quest.... xxxooo

ShabbyInTheCity said...

I would love to have a book like this of my dad. I'll have to think about that.

Karen Cole said...

What beautiful thoughts, Rebecca.

Your days must be full of good things when you start them this way.

Great tribute to your dad.

KB said...

Rebecca,
I am so glad I have found your blog. We share more than I realized. Reiki, books, divine intention and setting a purpose for how we live. I am looking forward to sharing your journey. I'd love to have you join mine.
Karibeth

Sharon Tomlinson said...

It is a wonderful collage. Your father was indeed handsome. I had to click and enlarge every picture. I like watching.

flyinamber said...

Your collage is lovely!You certainly have good rememberance on your dad.I have a good luck that my parents are still well and pretty strong.Just today is my dad's 67th birthday.Hi loves fishing,too..

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

I love your collage! What a personal piece to make for someone you cherish!! Becky

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

I love your collage! What a personal piece to make for someone you cherish!! Becky

Anonymous said...

I know this is an older post but it so touched my heart especially with this statement.
"When I am open to divine guidance, I get into the state many call flow...that golden place where time and space disappear and everything seems to pour out of you...it brings my best forth... from that very wise higher or deeper self... "

I love to take time for divine guidance. No matter if it is just sitting with a cup of coffee in hand just listening to the birds, sitting with a friend and saying nothing, or being creative where you can completely lose your thoughts.