Monday, October 1, 2007

Reinvent-tage Day 2

Help me to be open for this time as I put aside the cares of this world. Help me be the hero of my creative life.

Where do I sense hope, encouragement, and growth areas in my life? By looking back over the last few months, I may be able to see which activities and occasions have produced rich fruit. If I do notice such areas, I will determine to give those areas both time and space in the future.

The success that is you requires a flat out journey through the creative process...a big undertaking for a scardy cat. What I hope is that you will want to parallel my journey into the creative reinvention process (described in the post "You're Invited to Personal Reinvent-tage Retreat 2007 ") It doesn't matter if you want to write a novel, compose music, make art, learn a craft, or just find what is next in your life's journey...all take creativity and reinvention. That's exactly what I want to do, together.

You can do this in your own home, at your own pace, in your pj's...while I will be in full view of every one who stops by to read. Exposed for all to see...Rebecca's creative reality show...

I was on a high yesterday...in the flow most of the day. Staying present was a little more difficult in the afternoon when I had to handle mundane everyday tasks like insurance, articles for the magazine, phone calls, a business coaching session, etc. All I wanted to do was paint...so I had to force myself to do my afternoon schedule. I also hit a snag with the Part 2 stuff...it took much longer than I anticipated because I did not want to leave the flow state of painting...and to know, truly know, if the painting is finished??? How do I do that when I am unsure of my art.

Will anyone want it, like it, buy it, laugh me out of the gallery? All these thoughts course through my mind when I am not present in the moment...you see, that is the rub...staying in mindfulness. Not an easy task for me...

I am pleased with how the painting went though...I kind of just let it emerge. I used one of my daily muse drawings for inspiration...that is exactly why I am doing them this year...to use in my art in the future.

Today's Intention - To remain open to every possibility that presents itself to me?

See post here for your invitation to join the Reinvent-tage Retreat...and to see how the process works...

6 comments:

createacraft said...

this is what I asked to myself..
while visiting an exhibition of modern graphic paintings..

how do they say it is finished..

well I will follow you..
maybe I will learn..

about the P.. I will gladly share it with you..
it has a story .. about sharing and giving..
if you are interested..
It was a gift from Sandy.. the story is at..
http://createacraft.blogspot.com/2006/08/thank-you-to-sandy-and-zella-of-course.html#links

Darla said...

Coming in a couple of days late on this as I was away.

The "when is it done" question often plagues me.

I'm looking forward to following this journey with you.

Darla

Lea said...

I am amazed at the critic that comes out in me sometimes... I start looking outward for validation, and then the ah-ha comes, it is the process, not necessarily the outcome. What is going on inside of me? and oh I like it so much better when I'm making art, rather that doing mundane paperwork!!! Same thing though, the process and being in the moment...

Anonymous said...

- To remain open to every possibility that presents itself to me? - now that is a grand intention for any day.

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

I think I am just in time (I just came back from my vacation) and I love Today's intention, Perfect!

blessings said...

Do you remember a time that you looked at a piece of art that wasn't really to your liking... but you had appreciation for it anyways because you realize the work and emotion -a piece of yourself- that goes into art... Another artist will appreciate your work. An art collector will think it through whether they like it or not (and isn't that part of what we want... to make viewers think?) You most certainly will not be laughed out of the gallery and what you sell does not determine if you are good. Blessings... Polly