Friday, June 8, 2007

Get a Movin'

Baletta is the Muse of fluid movement. She is graceful. To see her move is to see poetry in action. We call on her when we feel a little clumsy or awkward or when we are frenzied, moving double/triple time.

I try to bring some form of movement into my every day... some days it works, some days it doesn't. Movement is a rich source of inspiration to me...for I can easily become one with the music. My body feels the music, experiences it with a deep connection. I become so lost to my conscious that ideas begin to appear.

I can get into that mystical space called the 'flow' quickly when I move with music. I am sure that the rhythmic movements of my body imitate my heartbeat and my biorhythms. The action always it brings me to the exact place I need to be for the moment... I love the way movement of any kind, especially dance, contributes to the flow of my art and my life... Are you this connected?

Today's aMUSEment - Turn on your radio, plop in a CD, play your favorite record and get moving... It does not matter if you are graceful, coordinated, off beat, or deeply connected...It just matters that you get moving. Set an alarm for 10 minutes and move to the beat. Sway or shimmy, beebop ot hip hop...it doesn't matter. You are moving just for you. Let the music bring you where it must. Don't try to over think it, just move... When 10 minutes are up, immediately take up your art. See if anything flows from you...
U Be Creative Today!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This one is sooo pretty! I love it! Great work! The light color brings out the image itself. Wonderful work!
*HUGS*

salty pebble said...

movement and flowing forms are really important in my art too...
i love the mood of the woman and the soft lush green...
in a day to day life it has to be very fluid for me to relax, im very layed back and need the calm serenity of a home without friction...plants and tree's and sitting within nature's beauty in my garden is where i feel most inspired...
your blog entry has really made me think....
x x x kazzy x x x

Anonymous said...

i think it all depends on the music you want to listen to, connecting to your moods.
to what kind of music do you move, rebecca?
p.s. i'm waiting for your island pictures ;)
by the way did you pick up my greeting card on my blog?

Watercolors by Susan Roper said...

Rebecca,

We love being on the road, but we are not full-timers. We do take several monthlong trips each year, as well as monthly shorter ones. I don't sell paintings on the road, but attend workshops, take paintings to galleries, etc. I am attending the Boone in June event at Cheap Joe's next week, so we are in Franklin for the gem mining (I want to dig up something shiny!) :>)

I take hundreds of reference photos on these trips and hope to paint many of them eventually. It is good to hear you are following along on our journey, I will try to add something each night....maybe tomorrow night I can post a photo of a gemstone I found.

Blessings to you as well,
Susan