Saturday, March 12, 2011

Some Rubber Stamping Cre8Tiva Style

Here are some of the things I do with rubber stamps from Viva Las Vegas Stamps and Stampo Blog. I am so inspired by the VLV stanps...my mind runs wild!!! There is ALWAYS movement toward the edge of what's possible here...


The Believe in Magic card is a mixed media design personified. The background was painted with acrylics. The good witch's background design was created in Photoshop. The digital background was printed and then stamped, cut out and collaged to the painted background. The words were stamped and additional details were added. The entire image was scanned and digitized, placed on a card in PhotoShop and printed.

[/caption]

The above image pushes the limits of PhotoShop, rubber stamping and photography. I shot this image from a poster in the subway in New York last fall. I have used it several times in my art. This time I found a rubber stamp called Egyptian Eye and knew it had to be used for surreal effects. I stamped the image on paper with black ink. I scanned it into PhotoShop and placed it over the eye in the image. I stretched and manipulated the image somewhat!!! Then I created the digital painting.

Below are two version of the Alice and the Cheshire cat stamp:


Another surreal fantasy image of Alice in Wonderland with the cheshire cat! This time I stamped the image on white paper, scenned it into PhotoShop and placed it over one of my digital paintings of tall trees. I painted the cat to make him stand out. It is more like Alice in fantasy land!!!


The idea or the graffiti clutch purse came when I discovered this Alice stamp!!! The background of the fabric was painted with acrylics using my graffiti techniques. A white rectangular frame was painted so the stamp would appear as a book page. Then the Alice and the Cheshire cat stamp was applied and the cat background painted. I wanted Alice's friend, the cat, to stand out. The friend words stamp was applied last. The clutch purse was sewn and embellished in my signature rustic stitches.





Stamps used:

Card:

Beautiful Witch/Fairy

Believe In Magic



Egyptian Eye:

Egyptian Eye



Alice and the Cat & the Clutch Purse:

Alice & Cheshire Cat

A Friend Is A Forever Thing

No comments: