Thursday, September 24, 2009

be fearless today...

BE FEARLESS TODAY "We're afraid of failure and we're afraid of success. We're afraid of dying young and we're afraid of growing old. We're more afraid of life than we are of death." -Marianne Williamson, A Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of "A Course in Miracles"

it is a time of reflection for me each morning as i walk by the sea...i don't believe that i am afraid of much anymore...perhaps being homeless...i have not been afraid of dying since i was 23 and broke my neck...death was very near last year when i developed pneumonia while teaching in north carolina...the doctor said, "30 minutes later and we would not have been able to save you."...yet i am here....and have time for reflection as i walk and breathe by my beloved ocean...

the times are exciting now...each day brings a surprise...as i am clearing away years of belongings i am remembering and cherishing each one for what it is...a memory...and then letting go...

yesterday i launched a new blog...artist needs cash...today! where i am:


I lost my main source of income 16 months ago…and these lovingly-collected items cannot go with me when I close my studio doors for the last time in October of this year…these supplies need creative hands to transform them into the works of art I once envisioned… So it is with great joy that I release them to your creative hearts to fashion the art you now envision… and, if your spirit were so moved, I would love to see photos of the art you create with these treasures... I am deeply blessed and eternally grateful that your purchase will help me move on to the next creative adventure in my life’s journey… With a loving heart I wish profound success to the work of your hands…

so stop by artist needs cash...today! and see if there is anything you might fancy...prices are really low...the stuff is really wonderful...please tell others about it...for i do need cash today...


1 comment:

Pretty Things said...

What a true sentiment. Words to ponder indeed.