Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Home Again Jiggety Jog


A sunrise at the Folk School...I just returned from 2 weeks in the beautiful North Carolina mountains...I taught a faux finishing class, a stenciling class and I took a hammered dulcimer class...I came home with several new friendships...the ability to play some music...a new mountain dulcimer...and a bad cold...

I have missed every one of you and cannot wait to catch up on your news...I will be sharing photos of the Folk School and North Carolina views during the next weeks...

Here are some pictures of my faux finishing class...at left Sonia and Betty are painting ...at right is Linda painting as Mary Nell watches...

Muse Sensible Sandra is deep, very deep. She thinks long and studies every possibility thoroughly. And then she prays and waits for an answer. I have much to accomplish in the next few weeks...and I will need to get rid of this cold/flu and put my shoulder to the grindstone...in other words be sensible....

Today's aMUSEment - How often are you sensible? What is waiting for your attention? Make a To Do list of things to get done in September...


My To Do List

  1. Paint samples for Faux Event classes
  2. Prepare for Faux Event classes
  3. Mail art
  4. File corporate income taxes
  5. Write column for The Faux FInisher
  6. Write new mini-book
  7. Finish homework for Spiritual Direction
  8. Find new Spiritual Director
  9. More unpacking
  10. Faux Event in Philadelphia

U Be Creative Today!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello rebecca, welcome back home again. missed you ;))
a lot of new challenges ahead and so many things to take care of. hope you don't forget blogging and visiting me...looking forward to hear more about your coming projects.

tut-tut said...

Welcome back! Is it possible to return from JCCFS NOT rejuvinated, I wonder?

Anonymous said...

Welcome home m'dear. We missed you. Hope your cold flies away with your flu in the middle of your night!

Sounds like your classes went well. Isn't it also great that you met new wonderful friends, and now you have lots to accomplish and look forward to.

Karen Cole said...

Looks and sounds like you had a wonderful time.

Glad to have you back!!!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful trip you must have had. You were missed ;) Look at that fun stuff! How wonderul!! I have always wanted to go to North Carolina... xxo

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

So happy you are back! I'm also happy the classes went well and you met so many wonderful people! AND you got that hammered Dulcimer lesson...reminding me yet again to get out my Dulcimer!
I am so sorry you came back with a cold though...close your eyes and imagine all those germs jumping ship!
You were missed my dear!
XOXOXO

Naturegirl said...

2 weeks away in the mountains what inspiration!! Your getaway sounds wonderful..welcome back!!
Feel better soon hugs NG

Anonymous said...

Hi Rebecca-
Sounds like John Campbell school was wonderful...learning the dulcimar! Wow..you are an inspiration! My mom taught silversmithing at JC School years ago and has always spoken wistfully about going back. Maybe someday I will join her for a visit there.
Jeanette

Anonymous said...

welcome back, what a lovely stay that sounds like! I wish I'd been there

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Rebecca! Oh, my goodness...I have been to the folk school myself. My parents have a house in NC about 5 minutes from that Folk School & we have been over there looking around a few times. It's a really neat place & from what I hear, it's a wonderful school. So glad you enjoyed it. It is a small world! I'd love to hear more about the faux finishing class you taught. I'll have to come back & read more.

Thanks for stopping by to see me!
Rhoda